Groffdale Old Order Mennonite Meetinghouse (Leola, Pennsylvania, USA)

From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:16, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (talk | contribs) (CSV import - 20130820)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to navigation Jump to search

In 1895 a frame meetinghouse was built a mile west of the original Groffdale house, for the Martinite division. Joseph O. Wenger and Aaron Z. Sensenig were the bishops in 1955; Isaac N. Zimmerman and Eli Hursh, ministers; and Benjamin Hoover, the deacon. This group has no Sunday school, summer Bible school, evangelistic meetings, nor youth activities. It had 325 members in 1955.

The Weaverland Conference group (Old Order Mennonite), who separated from the above in 1926, differing chiefly in permitting the automobile and home conveniences and English preaching. Moses Horning and Joseph Hostetter were bishops in 1955; Abram Hoover and Samuel Martin, ministers; and Eli Nolt, deacon. The two groups had well over 400 members at that time.


Author(s) Ira D Landis
Date Published 1956

Cite This Article

MLA style

Landis, Ira D. "Groffdale Old Order Mennonite Meetinghouse (Leola, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 12 Aug 2022. https://gameo.org/index.php?title=Groffdale_Old_Order_Mennonite_Meetinghouse_(Leola,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=81466.

APA style

Landis, Ira D. (1956). Groffdale Old Order Mennonite Meetinghouse (Leola, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 12 August 2022, from https://gameo.org/index.php?title=Groffdale_Old_Order_Mennonite_Meetinghouse_(Leola,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=81466.




Hpbuttns.png

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 587. All rights reserved.


©1996-2022 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.