Grantham Mennonite Brethren Church (St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada)
The Grantham Mennonite Brethren Church is an outgrowth of the Scott St. Mennonite Brethren Church. It was officially organized in 1973 with 225 charter members in 1973. Their sanctuary was completed in 1973. Peter Dick, John Eckert and Peter Block are considered the founding leaders of the group.
In 1980, the congregation was a partner in founding another Mennonite Brethren congregation in the area, Fairview-Louth.
Mennonite Brethren Herald (27 May 1988): 50; (13 September 2002): 31; (February 2011): 29.
Schimpky, Joyce. "Grantham MB Church." 1985, 5 p. Mennonite Archives of Ontario
When Your Children Shall Ask: A History of the Ontario Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches, 1957-1982. 1982: 74-75.
Centre for Mennonite Brethren Studies, Winnipeg, Manitoba: http://cmbs.mennonitebrethren.ca/inst_records/grantham-mennonite-brethren-church-st-catharines-on/
Address: 469 Grantham Avenue, St. Catharines ON L2M 3J2
Grantham MB Church Leading Ministers
|David Brubacher (interim)||2010|
Grantham MB Church Membership
|Date Published||February 2011|
Cite This Article
Epp, Marlene. "Grantham Mennonite Brethren Church (St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. February 2011. Web. 23 Apr 2019. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Grantham_Mennonite_Brethren_Church_(St._Catharines,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=147236.
Epp, Marlene. (February 2011). Grantham Mennonite Brethren Church (St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 23 April 2019, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Grantham_Mennonite_Brethren_Church_(St._Catharines,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=147236.
©1996-2019 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.