Gotebo Mennonite Brethren Church (Gotebo, Oklahoma, USA)

From GAMEO
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Gotebo Mennonite Brethren Church, Gotebo, Kiowa County, Oklahoma, now extinct, had its beginning in 1902, when a number of families of the Mennonite Brethren Church settled in that locality and organized a church. The first pastor was Peter Richert; he was succeeded by Benjamin Wedel. A church was built in 1903. Since most of the early settlers left the community, the church was for some time almost completely dissolved, but in 1916 a number of German Baptists joined it, and John Geis became its presiding minister. The church continued as an Mennonite Brethren congregation until 1942.


Author(s) John H Lohrenz
Date Published 1956


Cite This Article

MLA style

Lohrenz, John H. "Gotebo Mennonite Brethren Church (Gotebo, Oklahoma, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 15 Oct 2019. https://gameo.org/index.php?title=Gotebo_Mennonite_Brethren_Church_(Gotebo,_Oklahoma,_USA)&oldid=81326.

APA style

Lohrenz, John H. (1956). Gotebo Mennonite Brethren Church (Gotebo, Oklahoma, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 15 October 2019, from https://gameo.org/index.php?title=Gotebo_Mennonite_Brethren_Church_(Gotebo,_Oklahoma,_USA)&oldid=81326.




Hpbuttns.png

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, pp. 552-553. All rights reserved.


©1996-2019 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.