Franconia (Pennsylvania, USA)

From GAMEO
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The printable version is no longer supported and may have rendering errors. Please update your browser bookmarks and please use the default browser print function instead.

Franconia, Pennsylvania, is a small village located in the center of Franconia Township, Montgomery County, Pennsylvania. It was called Franconia Square until 1849. It is in the heart of was a prosperous farming community 1950s, inhabited largely by Mennonites. By 2000 it was part of a extended surburban band of communities surrounding Philadelphia. The Mennonite Church is located one-half mile west of the village. The German settlers probably brought the name from the duchy of Franconia.

Maps

Map:Franconia, Pennsylvania


Author(s) Quintus Leatherman
Date Published 1956

Cite This Article

MLA style

Leatherman, Quintus. "Franconia (Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 13 Jun 2021. https://gameo.org/index.php?title=Franconia_(Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=170325.

APA style

Leatherman, Quintus. (1956). Franconia (Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 13 June 2021, from https://gameo.org/index.php?title=Franconia_(Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=170325.




Hpbuttns.png

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 367. All rights reserved.


©1996-2021 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.