First Mennonite Church of Richmond (Richmond, Virginia, USA)

From GAMEO
Revision as of 03:30, 4 April 2014 by RichardThiessen (talk | contribs) (Added image and categories.)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
First Mennonite Church of Richmond, Richmond, Virginia, 2012.
Source: Mennonite Archives of Virginia
.

Richmond Mennonite Church (MC), formerly National Heights, Richmond, Virginia, organized in 1951, located in the eastern part of the state capital, is the outgrowth of a survey made by Eastern Mennonite College students. Two Bible schools and two series of tent meetings were conducted in 1948, followed by services held in private homes, then in a rented building. The Virginia Board of Missions and Charities built a brick church in 1955. In 1958 the membership was 36, with Ralph Ziegler as pastor.

Additional Information

Address: 601 E Parham Road, Richmond, VA 23227-1163

Phone: 804-264-3200

Website: First Mennonite Church of Richmond

Denominational Affiliation:

Virginia Mennonite Conference

Mennonite Church USA


Author(s) Harry A Brunk
Date Published 1959


Cite This Article

MLA style

Brunk, Harry A. "First Mennonite Church of Richmond (Richmond, Virginia, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 1 Oct 2020. https://gameo.org/index.php?title=First_Mennonite_Church_of_Richmond_(Richmond,_Virginia,_USA)&oldid=117294.

APA style

Brunk, Harry A. (1959). First Mennonite Church of Richmond (Richmond, Virginia, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 1 October 2020, from https://gameo.org/index.php?title=First_Mennonite_Church_of_Richmond_(Richmond,_Virginia,_USA)&oldid=117294.




Hpbuttns.png

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 1117. All rights reserved.


©1996-2020 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.