First Mennonite Church (Geary, Oklahoma, USA)

From GAMEO
Jump to navigation Jump to search

First Mennonite Church (General Conference Mennonite) at Geary in west central Oklahoma, a member of the Western District Conference, was organized on 15 August 1897, five years after Mennonite settlers had moved into the area, with 22 white and three Indian members. In 1953 there were 95 members. The church property consisted of a brick veneer church completed in 1929 and a parsonage finished in 1948. Ministers who served the congregation were J. S. Krehbiel 1897-1916, Henry Riesen 1917-1924, Henry D. Penner 1926-1933, P. E. Franz 1936-1941, H. N. Harder 1943-1945, A. H. Peters 1946-1952, and Henry Hege 1952-


Author(s) A. H Peters
Date Published 1956

Cite This Article

MLA style

Peters, A. H. "First Mennonite Church (Geary, Oklahoma, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 18 May 2021. https://gameo.org/index.php?title=First_Mennonite_Church_(Geary,_Oklahoma,_USA)&oldid=87499.

APA style

Peters, A. H. (1956). First Mennonite Church (Geary, Oklahoma, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 18 May 2021, from https://gameo.org/index.php?title=First_Mennonite_Church_(Geary,_Oklahoma,_USA)&oldid=87499.




©1996-2021 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.