Dirschau (Pomeranian Voivodeship, Poland)

From GAMEO
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Dirschau (now Tczew, Poland).
Source: Wikipedia Commons

Dirschau (also known as Trsow and Derszewo, now known as Tczew; coordinates: 54.09193° N, 18.77731° E [54° 5′ 30″ N, 18° 46′ 38″ E]; population in 1852, 5,360, in 1905, 14,184, in 1943, 25,689, in 2009, 60,279) on the left bank of the Vistula River some 20 miles (33 km) south of Danzig (now Gdansk). Formerly Prussian, and since 1920 Polish, it was the seat of the headquarters of the Mennonite Central Committee/Mennonite Relief Committee Polish relief unit, 1947-1948.

Bibliography

"Familienforschung in Westpreußen." Hans-Jürgen Wolf. Web. 23 June 2020.  http://www.westpreussen.de/pages/forschungshilfen/ortsverzeichnis/details.php.

"Tczew." Wikipedia. Web. 30 September 2012. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tczew.

Maps

Map:Tczew (Pomeranian Voivodeship, Poland)


Author(s) Harold S Bender
Date Published 1956

Cite This Article

MLA style

Bender, Harold S. "Dirschau (Pomeranian Voivodeship, Poland)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 27 Jun 2022. https://gameo.org/index.php?title=Dirschau_(Pomeranian_Voivodeship,_Poland)&oldid=168547.

APA style

Bender, Harold S. (1956). Dirschau (Pomeranian Voivodeship, Poland). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 27 June 2022, from https://gameo.org/index.php?title=Dirschau_(Pomeranian_Voivodeship,_Poland)&oldid=168547.




Hpbuttns.png

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 68. All rights reserved.


©1996-2022 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.