Craigwood Youth Services (Ailsa Craig, Ontario, Canada)

From GAMEO
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Craigwood Youth Services (formerly known as Ailsa Craig Boys Farm), located one mile (1.6 km.) south of Ailsa Craig, Ontario, and 24 miles (39 km.) northwest of London, Ontario, is operated by the Mennonite Central Committee on behalf of the Mennonite Churches of Ontario represented in the Conference of Historic Peace Churches (CHPC), was established in 1955 as a home for the rehabilitation of delinquent boys. It is supported by contributions from the Ontario Mennonites and funds from the Ontario Provincial government. The CHPC appoints an advisory council and provides the channel for the Mennonite financial support.

Additional Information

Web site: http://www.craigwood.on.ca/about_us/history.htm.


Author(s) Harold S Bender
Date Published 1959

Cite This Article

MLA style

Bender, Harold S. "Craigwood Youth Services (Ailsa Craig, Ontario, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 18 May 2021. https://gameo.org/index.php?title=Craigwood_Youth_Services_(Ailsa_Craig,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=79968.

APA style

Bender, Harold S. (1959). Craigwood Youth Services (Ailsa Craig, Ontario, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 18 May 2021, from https://gameo.org/index.php?title=Craigwood_Youth_Services_(Ailsa_Craig,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=79968.




Hpbuttns.png

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 1057. All rights reserved.


©1996-2021 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.