Civilian Public Service Camp (Downey, Idaho, USA)

From GAMEO
Jump to navigation Jump to search
CPS Leadership Training School.
Scan courtesy Mennonite Church USA Archives-Goshen IX-13-2-2

Downey Civilian Public Service Camp No. 67 was a soil conservation camp under the Mennonite Central Committee, located near Downey, in southeastern Idaho. The camp was opened in November 1942, when Camp Henry was transferred to Downey, and closed in February 1946. The work consisted primarily of the construction and improvement of irrigation systems and of emergency farm labor. Several side camps were operated by No. 67.


Author(s) Melvin Gingerich
Date Published 1956

Cite This Article

MLA style

Gingerich, Melvin. "Civilian Public Service Camp (Downey, Idaho, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 19 Aug 2022. https://gameo.org/index.php?title=Civilian_Public_Service_Camp_(Downey,_Idaho,_USA)&oldid=117943.

APA style

Gingerich, Melvin. (1956). Civilian Public Service Camp (Downey, Idaho, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 19 August 2022, from https://gameo.org/index.php?title=Civilian_Public_Service_Camp_(Downey,_Idaho,_USA)&oldid=117943.




Hpbuttns.png

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 96. All rights reserved.


©1996-2022 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.