Difference between revisions of "Christian Fellowship Chapel (Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada)"

From GAMEO
Jump to navigation Jump to search
[checked revision][checked revision]
(CSV import - 20130823)
 
(14 intermediate revisions by 3 users not shown)
Line 1: Line 1:
 
__FORCETOC__
 
__FORCETOC__
 
__TOC__
 
__TOC__
[[File:ChristianFellowshipChapelWinnipeg.jpg|300px|thumb|right|''Christian Fellowship Chapel, Winnipeg, MB.
+
[[File:ChristianFellowshipChapelWinnipeg.jpg|300px|thumb|right|''Christian Fellowship Chapel, Winnipeg, MB.<br />
 +
Source: [http://www.fellowshipforward.org/winnipeg-christian-fellowship-chapel.html Fellowship of Evangelical Bible Churches website]'']]
  
Source: [http://www.fellowshipforward.org/winnipeg-christian-fellowship-chapel.html Fellowship of Evangelical Bible Churches website]'']]    The Christian Fellowship Chapel began services in 1943, informally organized on 1 September 1944 and formally organized in December 1948. Prior to 1943 H. P. Fast of Steinbach, Manitoba, met with several families who had moved from rural Manitoba in private homes in Winnipeg. Later, under the leadership of A. P. Toews, the group met at the [[Bethel Mennonite Church (Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada)|Bethel Mission Church]], and at the I.O.D.E. Hall on Sargent Avenue. In 1944 the group purchased a property at 232 Nassau Street; the existing building was renovated in 1953/54. In the spring of 1957 work began on the building at the present site, and the congregation officially moved on 8 December 1957. The first building was occupied in 1946, with a subsequent building program in 1957. H. P. Fast and A. P. Toews are considered the founding leaders of the group. The congregation originated through urbanization from rural [[Manitoba (Canada)|Manitoba]].
+
The Christian Fellowship Chapel began services in 1943, informally organized on 1 September 1944 and formally organized in December 1948. Prior to 1943 H. P. Fast of Steinbach, Manitoba, met with several families who had moved from rural Manitoba in private homes in Winnipeg. Later, under the leadership of A. P. Toews, the group met at the [[Bethel Mennonite Church (Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada)|Bethel Mission Church]], and at the I.O.D.E. Hall on Sargent Avenue. In 1944 the group purchased a property at 232 Nassau Street; the existing building was renovated in 1953/54. In the spring of 1957 work began on the building at the present site, and the congregation officially moved on 8 December 1957. The first building was occupied in 1946, with a subsequent building program in 1957. H. P. Fast and A. P. Toews are considered the founding leaders of the group. The congregation originated through urbanization from rural [[Manitoba (Canada)|Manitoba]].
  
 
The congregation has been affiliated with the Evangelical Mennonite Brethren (1950-1987) / [[Fellowship of Evangelical Bible Churches|Fellowship of Evangelical Bible Churches]] (1987-).
 
The congregation has been affiliated with the Evangelical Mennonite Brethren (1950-1987) / [[Fellowship of Evangelical Bible Churches|Fellowship of Evangelical Bible Churches]] (1987-).
 
= Bibliography =
 
= Bibliography =
<em>Canadian Mennonite</em> (20 May 1960): 10.
+
''Canadian Mennonite'' (20 May 1960): 10.
  
Christian Fellowship Chapel. "A Brief History." Web. 5 April 2010. [http://www.christianfellowshipchapel.org/aboutus.html http://www.christianfellowshipchapel.org/aboutus.html].
+
Christian Fellowship Chapel. "A Brief History." Web. 5 April 2010. [www.christianfellowshipchapel.org/aboutus.html] [broken link].
 
= Additional Information =
 
= Additional Information =
<strong>Address</strong>: 465 Osborne St., Winnipeg, Manitoba R3L 2A4.
+
'''Address''': 465 Osborne St., Winnipeg, Manitoba R3L 2A4.
  
<strong>Telephone</strong>: 204-452-5720.
+
'''Phone''': 204-452-5720.
  
<strong>Website</strong>: [http://www.christianfellowshipchapel.org/ Christian Fellowship Chapel]
+
'''Website''': [https://www.cfc-wpg.org/ Christian Fellowship Chapel]
  
<strong>Denominational Affiliation</strong>: [http://www.febcministries.org/ Fellowship of Evangelical Bible Churches] 
+
'''Denominational Affiliation''': [https://www.fellowshipforward.org/ Fellowship of Evangelical Bible Churches] 
  
<h3>Christian Fellowship Chapel Members</h3> <table class="vertical listing">  <tr> <th>Year</th> <th>Members</th> </tr>  <tr> <td>1948
+
<h3>Christian Fellowship Chapel Members</h3>
 
+
{|  class="wikitable"  
</td> <td align="right">25  
+
! Year !! Members
 
+
|-
</td> </tr> <tr> <td>1954  
+
| 1948  ||  align="right" | 25  
 
+
|-
</td> <td align="right">44  
+
| 1954 ||  align="right" | 44  
 
+
|-
</td> </tr> <tr> <td>1968  
+
| 1968 ||  align="right" | 108  
 
+
|-
</td> <td align="right">108  
+
| 2000 ||  align="right" | 60  
 
+
|}
</td> </tr> <tr> <td>2000  
+
<h3>Christian Fellowship Chapel Pastors</h3>  
 
+
{|  class="wikitable"  
</td> <td align="right">60  
+
! Name !! Years of Service
 
+
|-
</td> </tr>  </table> <h3>Christian Fellowship Chapel Pastors</h3> <table class="vertical listing">  <tr> <th>Name</th> <th>Years of
+
| Henry Brandt || 1949-1950  
 
+
|-
Service
+
| Waldo Wall || 1950-1951  
 
+
|-
</th> </tr>  <tr> <td>Henry Brandt  
+
| J. H. Quiring || 1951-1952
 
+
|-
</td> <td>1949-1950  
+
| John Eveland || 1953-1962  
 
+
|-
</td> </tr> <tr> <td>Waldo Wall  
+
| Leo Thomas || 1962-196?  
 
+
|-
</td> <td>1950-1951  
+
| Frank Koop || 196?-1972  
 
+
|-
</td> </tr> <tr> <td>J. H. Quiring
+
| Abe Unrau || 1972-1975  
 
+
|-
</td> <td>1951-1952</td> </tr> <tr> <td>John Eveland  
+
| Randy Heinrichs || 1976-1979  
 
+
|-
</td> <td>1953-1962  
+
| Terry Lewis || 1979-198?  
 
+
|-
</td> </tr> <tr> <td>Leo Thomas  
+
| Don Gillette || 198?-198?  
 
+
|-
</td> <td>1962-196?  
+
| John H. Bartelings || 1989-1997  
 
+
|-
</td> </tr> <tr> <td>Frank Koop  
+
| Jake Froese || 1997-1998  
 
+
|-
</td> <td>196?-1972  
+
| Allan Dueck || 1999-2008  
 
+
|-
</td> </tr> <tr> <td>Abe Unrau  
+
| John Harwood || 2010-present
 
+
|}
</td> <td>1972-1975  
 
 
 
</td> </tr> <tr> <td>Randy Heinrichs  
 
 
 
</td> <td>1976-1979  
 
 
 
</td> </tr> <tr> <td>Terry Lewis  
 
 
 
</td> <td>1979-198?  
 
 
 
</td> </tr> <tr> <td>Don Gillette  
 
 
 
</td> <td>198?-198?  
 
 
 
</td> </tr> <tr> <td>John H. Bartelings  
 
 
 
</td> <td>1989-1997  
 
 
 
</td> </tr> <tr> <td>Jake Froese  
 
 
 
</td> <td>1997-1998  
 
 
 
</td> </tr> <tr> <td>Allan Dueck  
 
 
 
</td> <td>1999-2008  
 
 
 
</td> </tr> <tr> <td>John Harwood  
 
 
 
</td> <td>2010-present
 
 
 
</td> </tr>  </table>
 
  
 
= Maps =
 
= Maps =
 
[[Map:Christian Fellowship Chapel (Winnipeg, Manitoba)|Map:Christian Fellowship Chapel (Winnipeg, Manitoba)]]
 
[[Map:Christian Fellowship Chapel (Winnipeg, Manitoba)|Map:Christian Fellowship Chapel (Winnipeg, Manitoba)]]
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 1, p. 582|date=April 2010|a1_last=Giesbrecht|a1_first=Walter R., Marlene Epp|a2_last=Steiner|a2_first=Sam}}
+
{{GAMEO_footer-3|hp=Vol. 1, p. 582|date=April 2010|a1_last=Giesbrecht|a1_first=Walter R.|a3_last=Epp |a3_first=Marlene|a2_last=Steiner|a2_first=Samuel J.}}
 +
[[Category:Churches]]
 +
[[Category:Fellowship of Evangelical Bible Churches Congregations]]
 +
[[Category:Manitoba Congregations]]
 +
[[Category:Canadian Congregations]]

Latest revision as of 12:32, 8 August 2021

Christian Fellowship Chapel, Winnipeg, MB.
Source: Fellowship of Evangelical Bible Churches website

The Christian Fellowship Chapel began services in 1943, informally organized on 1 September 1944 and formally organized in December 1948. Prior to 1943 H. P. Fast of Steinbach, Manitoba, met with several families who had moved from rural Manitoba in private homes in Winnipeg. Later, under the leadership of A. P. Toews, the group met at the Bethel Mission Church, and at the I.O.D.E. Hall on Sargent Avenue. In 1944 the group purchased a property at 232 Nassau Street; the existing building was renovated in 1953/54. In the spring of 1957 work began on the building at the present site, and the congregation officially moved on 8 December 1957. The first building was occupied in 1946, with a subsequent building program in 1957. H. P. Fast and A. P. Toews are considered the founding leaders of the group. The congregation originated through urbanization from rural Manitoba.

The congregation has been affiliated with the Evangelical Mennonite Brethren (1950-1987) / Fellowship of Evangelical Bible Churches (1987-).

Bibliography

Canadian Mennonite (20 May 1960): 10.

Christian Fellowship Chapel. "A Brief History." Web. 5 April 2010. [www.christianfellowshipchapel.org/aboutus.html] [broken link].

Additional Information

Address: 465 Osborne St., Winnipeg, Manitoba R3L 2A4.

Phone: 204-452-5720.

Website: Christian Fellowship Chapel

Denominational Affiliation: Fellowship of Evangelical Bible Churches 

Christian Fellowship Chapel Members

Year Members
1948 25
1954 44
1968 108
2000 60

Christian Fellowship Chapel Pastors

Name Years of Service
Henry Brandt 1949-1950
Waldo Wall 1950-1951
J. H. Quiring 1951-1952
John Eveland 1953-1962
Leo Thomas 1962-196?
Frank Koop 196?-1972
Abe Unrau 1972-1975
Randy Heinrichs 1976-1979
Terry Lewis 1979-198?
Don Gillette 198?-198?
John H. Bartelings 1989-1997
Jake Froese 1997-1998
Allan Dueck 1999-2008
John Harwood 2010-present

Maps

Map:Christian Fellowship Chapel (Winnipeg, Manitoba)


Author(s) Walter R. Giesbrecht
Samuel J. Steiner
Marlene Epp
Date Published April 2010

Cite This Article

MLA style

Giesbrecht, Walter R., Samuel J. Steiner and Marlene Epp. "Christian Fellowship Chapel (Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. April 2010. Web. 25 Oct 2021. https://gameo.org/index.php?title=Christian_Fellowship_Chapel_(Winnipeg,_Manitoba,_Canada)&oldid=172129.

APA style

Giesbrecht, Walter R., Samuel J. Steiner and Marlene Epp. (April 2010). Christian Fellowship Chapel (Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 25 October 2021, from https://gameo.org/index.php?title=Christian_Fellowship_Chapel_(Winnipeg,_Manitoba,_Canada)&oldid=172129.




Hpbuttns.png

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 582. All rights reserved.


©1996-2021 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.