Difference between revisions of "Christian Evangel (Periodical)"
(CSV import - 20130816)
Revision as of 18:48, 16 August 2013
The Christian Evangel, the official monthly organ of the Central Conference of Mennonites, appeared in July 1910. Its initiation marked the culmination of a growing conviction on the part of a number of conference leaders regarding the need of such organ. During most of this period it was a 24-page monthly. Cost of publication was eventually underwritten by the conference and the Evangel was sent without charge to all members of Central Conference churches, such cost being allocated to the churches on a per capita basis. The roster of editors was: A. B. Rutt, 1910-1913; Lee Lantz, 1913-1916; Ben Esch, 1916-1919; A. S. Bechtel, 1919-1920; L. B. Haigh, 1920-1923; W. B. Weaver, 1923-1925; H. E. Nunemaker, 1925-1926; W. B. Weaver, 1926-1938; and R. L. Hartzler, 1938-1957. The publication ended in 1957 after the Central Conference merged with the Middle District Conference to form the Central District Conference of the General Conference Mennonite Church.
|Author(s)||Raymond L Hartzler|
Cite This Article
Hartzler, Raymond L. "Christian Evangel (Periodical)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1953. Web. 16 Jul 2018. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Christian_Evangel_(Periodical)&oldid=55637.
Hartzler, Raymond L. (1953). Christian Evangel (Periodical). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 16 July 2018, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Christian_Evangel_(Periodical)&oldid=55637.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 581. All rights reserved.
©1996-2018 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.