Central Christian Schools (Hutchinson, Kansas, USA)
Central Christian Schools (formerly Central Christian High School) in Hutchinson, Kansas, was incorporated in 1948 as the Central Kansas Bible Academy and opened in 1950 with 5 instructors and an enrollment of 41. Walter O. Ediger served as its principal 1950-59. The name of the school was changed from academy to high school in 1955. At that time the board of directors had representatives from the General Conference Mennonites (4), Mennonite Brethren (3), Krimmer Mennonite Brethren (1), and Mennonite Church (1) groups. Its catalog called it "inter-Mennonite in control and interdenominational in practice." It offered a four-year accredited high-school course. Its 1958-59 enrollment was 101, representing six Mennonite branches. The school publishes a monthly bulletin, The Central Lighthouse.
As the school grew many different denominations became represented in the student body and faculty. By 2009 Central Christian was a Protestant, interdenominational school serving over 20 evangelical churches. In 1971 a junior high school was added, and in 1975 grades K-6 were added. A preschool/daycare center was added in 1980.
Central Christian School. Student & Parent Handbook 2009-2010. Hutchison, Kan.: The School, 2009: 3. Web. 17 March 2010. http://www.centralchristianschool.net/pdf/handbook.pdf
Address: 1910 East 30th Avenue, Hutchinson, Kansas
Website: Central Christian Schools
|Date Published||March 2010|
Cite This Article
Gingerich, Melvin and Sam Steiner. "Central Christian Schools (Hutchinson, Kansas, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. March 2010. Web. 4 Aug 2021. https://gameo.org/index.php?title=Central_Christian_Schools_(Hutchinson,_Kansas,_USA)&oldid=136322.
Gingerich, Melvin and Sam Steiner. (March 2010). Central Christian Schools (Hutchinson, Kansas, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 4 August 2021, from https://gameo.org/index.php?title=Central_Christian_Schools_(Hutchinson,_Kansas,_USA)&oldid=136322.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 1071. All rights reserved.
©1996-2021 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.