Cedar County (Missouri, USA)

From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:40, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (talk | contribs) (CSV import - 20130820)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Cedar County, Missouri U.S. Census TIGER/Line Map

Cedar County, Missouri, once the location of an Amish Mennonite community, now extinct. Their church was organized in 1870. Two years later a plea for funds to be used for building a meetinghouse was signed by Bishop Samuel Yoder, preachers John Snyder and Joseph Kauffman, and Jonathan Krichbaum. Twenty-two families, mostly Amish Mennonite, were members of the congregation at that time. Around 1890, members of the congregation joined the "Egly Amish" (Defenseless Mennonites), but by the first decade of the 20th century the church had ceased to exist.


Author(s) Melvin Gingerich
Date Published 1953

Cite This Article

MLA style

Gingerich, Melvin. "Cedar County (Missouri, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1953. Web. 3 Jul 2022. https://gameo.org/index.php?title=Cedar_County_(Missouri,_USA)&oldid=86592.

APA style

Gingerich, Melvin. (1953). Cedar County (Missouri, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 3 July 2022, from https://gameo.org/index.php?title=Cedar_County_(Missouri,_USA)&oldid=86592.




Hpbuttns.png

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 537. All rights reserved.


©1996-2022 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.