Carroll Community Worship Center (Fort Wayne, Indiana, USA)

From GAMEO
Revision as of 18:47, 16 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (talk | contribs) (CSV import - 20130816)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to navigation Jump to search

The Carroll Community Worship Center (Mennonite Church USA) was originally known as the Anderson Mennonite Church. The first Mennonite Sunday school in the area was conducted by Henry Easterday and Lee Sailors of the Fort Wayne Mennonite mission in May 1933. The work was sponsored by the Leo congregation until its organization as a separate church in 1940. The building used for worship was an abandoned Baptist church.

The first pastor, Joseph S. Neuhouser, ministered to the spiritual needs of the congregation from its beginning until the 1950s. The membership in 1953 was fifteen; in 2009 it was 59. The congregation also sponsored a mission Sunday school fifteen miles south of Fort Wayne, near Ossian, Indiana. The pastor in 2009 was Verlin Haarer.


Additional Information

Address: 4506 Carroll Rd., Fort Wayne, IN 46818

Phone: 260-637-2309

Website: Carroll Community Worship Center

Denominational Affiliations:

Indiana-Michigan Mennonite Conference

Mennonite Church USA


Maps

Map:Carroll Community Worship Center (Fort Wayne, Indiana)


Author(s) J. S Neuhouser
Date Published 1953

Cite This Article

MLA style

Neuhouser, J. S. "Carroll Community Worship Center (Fort Wayne, Indiana, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1953. Web. 10 Aug 2022. https://gameo.org/index.php?title=Carroll_Community_Worship_Center_(Fort_Wayne,_Indiana,_USA)&oldid=55442.

APA style

Neuhouser, J. S. (1953). Carroll Community Worship Center (Fort Wayne, Indiana, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 10 August 2022, from https://gameo.org/index.php?title=Carroll_Community_Worship_Center_(Fort_Wayne,_Indiana,_USA)&oldid=55442.




Hpbuttns.png

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 119. All rights reserved.


©1996-2022 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.