Difference between revisions of "Carroll Community Worship Center (Fort Wayne, Indiana, USA)"

From GAMEO
Jump to navigation Jump to search
[unchecked revision][checked revision]
(CSV import - 20130816)
 
(CSV import - 20130820)
Line 2: Line 2:
  
 
The first pastor, Joseph S. Neuhouser, ministered to the spiritual needs of the congregation from its beginning until the 1950s. The membership in 1953 was fifteen; in 2009 it was 59. The congregation also sponsored a mission Sunday school fifteen miles south of [[Fort Wayne (Indiana, USA)|Fort Wayne]], near Ossian, Indiana. The pastor in 2009 was Verlin Haarer.
 
The first pastor, Joseph S. Neuhouser, ministered to the spiritual needs of the congregation from its beginning until the 1950s. The membership in 1953 was fifteen; in 2009 it was 59. The congregation also sponsored a mission Sunday school fifteen miles south of [[Fort Wayne (Indiana, USA)|Fort Wayne]], near Ossian, Indiana. The pastor in 2009 was Verlin Haarer.
 
 
 
= Additional Information =
 
= Additional Information =
 
<strong>Address</strong>: 4506 Carroll Rd., Fort Wayne, IN 46818
 
<strong>Address</strong>: 4506 Carroll Rd., Fort Wayne, IN 46818
Line 16: Line 14:
  
 
[http://www.mennoniteusa.org/ Mennonite Church USA]
 
[http://www.mennoniteusa.org/ Mennonite Church USA]
 
 
  
 
= Maps =
 
= Maps =
 
[[Map:Carroll Community Worship Center (Fort Wayne, Indiana)|Map:Carroll Community Worship Center (Fort Wayne, Indiana)]]
 
[[Map:Carroll Community Worship Center (Fort Wayne, Indiana)|Map:Carroll Community Worship Center (Fort Wayne, Indiana)]]
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 1, p. 119|date=1953|a1_last=Neuhouser|a1_first=J. S|a2_last= |a2_first= }}
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 1, p. 119|date=1953|a1_last=Neuhouser|a1_first=J. S|a2_last= |a2_first= }}

Revision as of 19:40, 20 August 2013

The Carroll Community Worship Center (Mennonite Church USA) was originally known as the Anderson Mennonite Church. The first Mennonite Sunday school in the area was conducted by Henry Easterday and Lee Sailors of the Fort Wayne Mennonite mission in May 1933. The work was sponsored by the Leo congregation until its organization as a separate church in 1940. The building used for worship was an abandoned Baptist church.

The first pastor, Joseph S. Neuhouser, ministered to the spiritual needs of the congregation from its beginning until the 1950s. The membership in 1953 was fifteen; in 2009 it was 59. The congregation also sponsored a mission Sunday school fifteen miles south of Fort Wayne, near Ossian, Indiana. The pastor in 2009 was Verlin Haarer.

Additional Information

Address: 4506 Carroll Rd., Fort Wayne, IN 46818

Phone: 260-637-2309

Website: Carroll Community Worship Center

Denominational Affiliations:

Indiana-Michigan Mennonite Conference

Mennonite Church USA

Maps

Map:Carroll Community Worship Center (Fort Wayne, Indiana)


Author(s) J. S Neuhouser
Date Published 1953

Cite This Article

MLA style

Neuhouser, J. S. "Carroll Community Worship Center (Fort Wayne, Indiana, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1953. Web. 27 Jan 2022. https://gameo.org/index.php?title=Carroll_Community_Worship_Center_(Fort_Wayne,_Indiana,_USA)&oldid=86545.

APA style

Neuhouser, J. S. (1953). Carroll Community Worship Center (Fort Wayne, Indiana, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 27 January 2022, from https://gameo.org/index.php?title=Carroll_Community_Worship_Center_(Fort_Wayne,_Indiana,_USA)&oldid=86545.




Hpbuttns.png

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 119. All rights reserved.


©1996-2022 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.