Difference between revisions of "Carroll Community Worship Center (Fort Wayne, Indiana, USA)"

From GAMEO
Jump to navigation Jump to search
[checked revision][checked revision]
m (Text replace - "<strong>Phone</strong>" to "'''Phone'''")
m (Text replacement - "|a2_last=Steiner|a2_first=Sam}}" to "|a2_last=Steiner|a2_first=Samuel J.}}")
 
(5 intermediate revisions by 2 users not shown)
Line 2: Line 2:
  
 
The first pastor, Joseph S. Neuhouser, ministered to the spiritual needs of the congregation from its beginning until the 1950s. The membership in 1953 was fifteen; in 2009 it was 59. The congregation also sponsored a mission Sunday school fifteen miles south of [[Fort Wayne (Indiana, USA)|Fort Wayne]], near Ossian, Indiana. The pastor in 2009 was Verlin Haarer.
 
The first pastor, Joseph S. Neuhouser, ministered to the spiritual needs of the congregation from its beginning until the 1950s. The membership in 1953 was fifteen; in 2009 it was 59. The congregation also sponsored a mission Sunday school fifteen miles south of [[Fort Wayne (Indiana, USA)|Fort Wayne]], near Ossian, Indiana. The pastor in 2009 was Verlin Haarer.
 +
 +
In 2015 the Carroll Community Worship Center congregation withdrew from the Indiana-Michigan Mennonite Conference. This move was part of a larger realignment of Mennonite congregations in the 2010s that were formerly part of Mennonite Church USA. These congregations were unhappy with Mennonite Church USA's failure to take stronger disciplinary actions against area conferences and congregations who expressed openness to inclusion of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender persons. Carroll Community Worship Center became part of the Evana Network.
 
= Additional Information =
 
= Additional Information =
<strong>Address</strong>: 4506 Carroll Rd., Fort Wayne, IN 46818
+
'''Address''': 4506 Carroll Rd., Fort Wayne, IN 46818
  
 
'''Phone''': 260-637-2309
 
'''Phone''': 260-637-2309
  
<strong>Website</strong>: [http://carrollcommunity.org/ Carroll Community Worship Center]
+
'''Website''': [http://carrollcommunity.org/ Carroll Community Worship Center]
 
 
<strong>Denominational Affiliations</strong>:
 
  
[http://www.im.mennonite.net/ Indiana-Michigan Mennonite Conference]
+
'''Denominational/Network Affiliations''':
  
[http://www.mennoniteusa.org/ Mennonite Church USA]
+
[http://evananetwork.org/ Evana Network]
  
 
= Maps =
 
= Maps =
 
[[Map:Carroll Community Worship Center (Fort Wayne, Indiana)|Map:Carroll Community Worship Center (Fort Wayne, Indiana)]]
 
[[Map:Carroll Community Worship Center (Fort Wayne, Indiana)|Map:Carroll Community Worship Center (Fort Wayne, Indiana)]]
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 1, p. 119|date=1953|a1_last=Neuhouser|a1_first=J. S|a2_last= |a2_first= }}
+
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 1, p. 119|date=1953|a1_last=Neuhouser|a1_first=J. S|a2_last=Steiner|a2_first=Samuel J.}}
 +
[[Category:Churches]]
 +
[[Category:Indiana-Michigan Mennonite Conference Congregations]]
 +
[[Category:Mennonite Church (MC) Congregations]]
 +
[[Category:Mennonite Church USA Congregations]]
 +
[[Category:Evana Network Congregations]]
 +
[[Category:Indiana Congregations]]
 +
[[Category:United States Congregations]]

Latest revision as of 21:22, 29 October 2019

The Carroll Community Worship Center (Mennonite Church USA) was originally known as the Anderson Mennonite Church. The first Mennonite Sunday school in the area was conducted by Henry Easterday and Lee Sailors of the Fort Wayne Mennonite mission in May 1933. The work was sponsored by the Leo congregation until its organization as a separate church in 1940. The building used for worship was an abandoned Baptist church.

The first pastor, Joseph S. Neuhouser, ministered to the spiritual needs of the congregation from its beginning until the 1950s. The membership in 1953 was fifteen; in 2009 it was 59. The congregation also sponsored a mission Sunday school fifteen miles south of Fort Wayne, near Ossian, Indiana. The pastor in 2009 was Verlin Haarer.

In 2015 the Carroll Community Worship Center congregation withdrew from the Indiana-Michigan Mennonite Conference. This move was part of a larger realignment of Mennonite congregations in the 2010s that were formerly part of Mennonite Church USA. These congregations were unhappy with Mennonite Church USA's failure to take stronger disciplinary actions against area conferences and congregations who expressed openness to inclusion of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender persons. Carroll Community Worship Center became part of the Evana Network.

Additional Information

Address: 4506 Carroll Rd., Fort Wayne, IN 46818

Phone: 260-637-2309

Website: Carroll Community Worship Center

Denominational/Network Affiliations:

Evana Network

Maps

Map:Carroll Community Worship Center (Fort Wayne, Indiana)


Author(s) J. S Neuhouser
Samuel J. Steiner
Date Published 1953

Cite This Article

MLA style

Neuhouser, J. S and Samuel J. Steiner. "Carroll Community Worship Center (Fort Wayne, Indiana, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1953. Web. 22 Jan 2022. https://gameo.org/index.php?title=Carroll_Community_Worship_Center_(Fort_Wayne,_Indiana,_USA)&oldid=165588.

APA style

Neuhouser, J. S and Samuel J. Steiner. (1953). Carroll Community Worship Center (Fort Wayne, Indiana, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 22 January 2022, from https://gameo.org/index.php?title=Carroll_Community_Worship_Center_(Fort_Wayne,_Indiana,_USA)&oldid=165588.




Hpbuttns.png

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 119. All rights reserved.


©1996-2022 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.