Difference between revisions of "California Mennonite Church (Montgomery, Michigan, USA)"

From GAMEO
Jump to navigation Jump to search
(Created page with "__FORCETOC__ __TOC__ California Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church), located in California Township, Michigan, twelve miles northeast of Angola, Steu...")
(No difference)

Revision as of 16:28, 21 December 2018

California Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church), located in California Township, Michigan, twelve miles northeast of Angola, Steuben County, Indiana, was established in 1956 under the Indiana-Michigan Mennonite Conference as a mission outpost of Forks Mennonite Church in Middlebury, Indiana. The congregation met in a former Methodist church before constructing its own building in 1960. On 22 November 1959, Forks Mennonite Church voted to release the California congregation to independent ministry and on 13 March 1960 Bishop Earley C. Bontrager installed Deacon Malvin P. Miller as pastor. The small congregation included six local families and met for several years before closing in 1975.

Bibliography

Wenger, John Christian. The Mennonites in Indiana and Michigan. Scottdale: Herald Press, 1961: 250-251.


Author(s) Jason B Kauffman
Date Published December 2018


Cite This Article

MLA style

Kauffman, Jason B. "California Mennonite Church (Montgomery, Michigan, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. December 2018. Web. 9 Aug 2020. https://gameo.org/index.php?title=California_Mennonite_Church_(Montgomery,_Michigan,_USA)&oldid=162850.

APA style

Kauffman, Jason B. (December 2018). California Mennonite Church (Montgomery, Michigan, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 9 August 2020, from https://gameo.org/index.php?title=California_Mennonite_Church_(Montgomery,_Michigan,_USA)&oldid=162850.




©1996-2020 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.