Bethel Missionary Church (Lion's Head, Ontario, Canada)
The Bethel Missionary Church (formerly Bruce Peninsula Mennonite Brethren in Christ/United Missionary Church), located at Lion's Head, Ontario, 45 miles (75 km) north of Owen Sound, was established in 1885. The first meetinghouse was built in 1904. In 1950 the membership was 37. For a time it was one of three meetinghouses on the Bruce Peninsula, but as travel improved became the only location.
The building was initially located at Ferndale, but was moved into Lion's Head on Main Street in 1945. It served at this location until 1997 when a new church was built on the edge of Lion's Head.
Gingerich, Charles S. The Peninsula Pilgrims: a History of Bethel Church. Lion's Head: The Church, 2007.
Address: 18 Ferndale Road, Lion's Head, Ontario
Denominational Affiliation: Evangelical Missionary Church of Canada
Mennonite Brethren in Christ/Missionary Church Ministers
on the Bruce Peninsula
|R. J. McLaren||1909-1912|
|Harold R. Brown||1934-1938|
|Percy R. Barley||1938-1942|
|Date Published||August 2009|
Cite This Article
Gingerich, Melvin and Sam Steiner. "Bethel Missionary Church (Lion's Head, Ontario, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. August 2009. Web. 20 May 2019. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Bethel_Missionary_Church_(Lion%27s_Head,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=146935.
Gingerich, Melvin and Sam Steiner. (August 2009). Bethel Missionary Church (Lion's Head, Ontario, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 20 May 2019, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Bethel_Missionary_Church_(Lion%27s_Head,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=146935.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 443. All rights reserved.
©1996-2019 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.