Beth-Car Mennonite Brethren in Christ Church (Staten Island, New York, USA)

From GAMEO
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Beth-Car Mennonite Brethren in Christ Church was located at Staten Island, New York. Organized in 1938, the 1953 membership was 51, with Robert W. Smock serving as pastor. In 1959, after the Pennsylvania Mennonite Brethren in Christ became the Bible Fellowship Church, the congregation became the Bible Fellowship Church of Staten Island. In 1991 the congregation asked Ralph Ritter, a member of the Plymouth Brethren, to be its pastor. Within a short time the congregation identified with the "open" Brethren and left the Bible Fellowship Church. In 1999 it had 63 members.

Bibliography

Peterson, Ralph L. A history of some assemblies of Christians in the United States and Canada. 1999. http://www.emmaus.edu/files/Documents/History%20of%20Brethren%20Mvt/history_8.htm (accessed 20 May 2009)


Author(s) J. H. Riggall
Samuel J. Steiner
Date Published May 2009


Cite This Article

MLA style

Riggall, J. H. and Samuel J. Steiner. "Beth-Car Mennonite Brethren in Christ Church (Staten Island, New York, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. May 2009. Web. 26 Jan 2020. https://gameo.org/index.php?title=Beth-Car_Mennonite_Brethren_in_Christ_Church_(Staten_Island,_New_York,_USA)&oldid=165754.

APA style

Riggall, J. H. and Samuel J. Steiner. (May 2009). Beth-Car Mennonite Brethren in Christ Church (Staten Island, New York, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 26 January 2020, from https://gameo.org/index.php?title=Beth-Car_Mennonite_Brethren_in_Christ_Church_(Staten_Island,_New_York,_USA)&oldid=165754.




Hpbuttns.png

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 304. All rights reserved.


©1996-2020 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.