From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:05, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)


Jump to: navigation, search

The Zion Mennonite congregation in Wellesley, Ontario began services in 1953, and formally organized in 1959. The first building was occupied in 1965. Elkanah Kennel is considered the founding leader of the group. The congregation originated through outreach by individuals from Maple View Mennonite Church and the Western Ontario Mennonite Conference.

In 1965 there were 14 members; in 1975, 23. The congregation dissolved in 1976. It had been affiliated with the Western Ontario Mennonite Conference (1959-1976) and the Mennonite Church (1959-1976). The language of worship was English.

The congregation met on William St., Wellesley, ON. Lay leader Abner Leis served in 1976 as a non-salaried congregational leader.

Bibliography

Maple View Mennonite Church 1859-1984. 1984.


Author(s) Marlene Epp
Date Published April 1986


Cite This Article

MLA style

Epp, Marlene. "Zion Mennonite Church (Wellesley, Ontario, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. April 1986. Web. 10 Jul 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Zion_Mennonite_Church_(Wellesley,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=79055.

APA style

Epp, Marlene. (April 1986). Zion Mennonite Church (Wellesley, Ontario, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 10 July 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Zion_Mennonite_Church_(Wellesley,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=79055.




©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.