Zion Mennonite Church (formerly General Conference Mennonite, now Mennonite Church USA), first located at 203 E. Broad St., Souderton, Montgomery County, Pennsylvania, had its origin in 1887 as a small mission of Mennonite and unaffiliated families led by N. B. Grubb, pastor of the First Mennonite Church of Philadelphia. In 1892, with financial aid from the Eastern District Conference, a church was built 36 x 46 ft. In 1893 the congregation was organized with 19 charter members. The life and growth of the congregation is evident in the record of building renovations and expansion—1908, 1915, 1925, and 1940. In 1954 a 15-acre tract was purchased as a future expansion site, the purpose being to have an integrated church program ministering to the total needs of man - physical, mental, and spiritual. In 1958 the membership, mostly urban, was 655.
 Additional Information
Address: 149 Cherry Lane, Souderton, PA 18964
Website: Zion Mennonite Church
Zion Mennonite Church Ministers
|Allen M. Fretz||1893-1910|
|J. W. Schantz||1910-1916|
|Reed F. Landis||1916-1923|
|Grover T. Soldner||1923-1931|
|Ernest J. Bohn||1931-1944|
 Cite This Article
Graber, Ellis. "Zion Mennonite Church (Souderton, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 22 Jun 2017. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Zion_Mennonite_Church_(Souderton,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=79050.
Graber, Ellis. (1959). Zion Mennonite Church (Souderton, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 22 June 2017, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Zion_Mennonite_Church_(Souderton,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=79050.
©1996-2017 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.