From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Zion Mennonite Church (General Conference Mennonite), now extinct, located in Manns Choice, Bedford County, Pennsylvania, was begun in 1915 in an abandoned church by Herman Snyder, who served this group together with Napier, four miles (6.4 km.) away, until his death in 1917. The highest membership was 49 in 1926. In 1935 the Eastern District Mission Committee, which had supported the work, closed the church.


Author(s) Harold S Bender
Date Published 1959


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Bender, Harold S. "Zion Mennonite Church (Manns Choice, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 23 Sep 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Zion_Mennonite_Church_(Manns_Choice,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=86317.

APA style

Bender, Harold S. (1959). Zion Mennonite Church (Manns Choice, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 23 September 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Zion_Mennonite_Church_(Manns_Choice,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=86317.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 1139. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.