Revision as of 19:05, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

Zion Mennonite Church (General Conference Mennonite; correct name "Mennonite Zion Church"), located 3½ miles (5 km) south of Arena, Burleigh County, ND, a member of the Northern District Conference, was organized in 1908. The services were held in schoolhouses until 1925 then a school building was bought, removed to the present site and remodeled into a church. In 1956 it was enlarged to seat 80. The first pastor was Sam Preheim in 1910. In 1957 the membership was 38, with Peter B. Loewen as pastor.

Author(s) Harold S Bender
Date Published 1959

Cite This Article

MLA style

Bender, Harold S. "Zion Mennonite Church (Arena, North Dakota, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 27 Oct 2016.,_North_Dakota,_USA)&oldid=79037.

APA style

Bender, Harold S. (1959). Zion Mennonite Church (Arena, North Dakota, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 27 October 2016, from,_North_Dakota,_USA)&oldid=79037.

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Kitchener, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 1032. All rights reserved.

©1996-2016 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.