From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Zion Hill Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church), in the Middle District of the Virginia Mennonite Conference, is located in the foothills of the North Mountain, 3 miles (5 km) west of Singers Glen, VA, and 2 miles (3 km) northeast of Sparkling Springs. In 1925 the first services in this area were held in the home of Charlie Lamb or in the woods near by. The Zion Hill meetinghouse was built in 1927, when L. H. Jones and A. W. Hershberger were serving as ministers. In 1958 Hiram Weaver and Paul S. Good were serving as pastors, with a membership of 49.


Author(s) Harry A Brunk
Date Published 1959


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Brunk, Harry A. "Zion Hill Mennonite Church (Singers Glen, Virginia, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 22 Aug 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Zion_Hill_Mennonite_Church_(Singers_Glen,_Virginia,_USA)&oldid=79033.

APA style

Brunk, Harry A. (1959). Zion Hill Mennonite Church (Singers Glen, Virginia, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 22 August 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Zion_Hill_Mennonite_Church_(Singers_Glen,_Virginia,_USA)&oldid=79033.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 1031. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.