Young People's Paper, an 8-page 10.75 x 14.75 in. illustrated biweekly (changed January 1898 to a 20-page monthly, and in December 1898 to a 24-page monthly) published by the Mennonite Publishing Co. (Mennonite Church) at Elkhart, IN, for the Young People's Paper Association (first appearance in the masthead 27 October 1894) January 1894 to March 1906. Editors were M. S. Steiner to the end of March 1895, C. K. Hostetler to September 1899, S. B. McManus, a non-Mennonite, from then on (in the absence of files of the journal it is impossible to report who had editorial responsibility to the end). Contributing editors during the early period were J. S. Hartzler, Abr. Ebersole, D. H. Bender, Charles McClintic, S. F. Coffman, and Ephraim Weber. The content was general, inspirational, edificatory, educational, some secular but mostly religious, with much reprint material from non-Mennonite sources. In January 1898 a new department was established, "The Young People's Meeting," usually two pages with program outlines and helps. (Goshen College Library has a file of 1894-99.)
|Author(s)||Harold S Bender|
Cite This Article
Bender, Harold S. "Young People's Paper (Periodical)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 2 Dec 2015. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Young_People%27s_Paper_(Periodical)&oldid=78942.
Bender, Harold S. (1959). Young People's Paper (Periodical). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 2 December 2015, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Young_People%27s_Paper_(Periodical)&oldid=78942.
Herald Press website.
©1996-2015 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.