From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:05, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

York Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church), located on North Hartman Street, is a member of the Lancaster Mennonite Conference. In the 18th century a Mennonite church and cemetery was located on Market Street near Pine Street in York. This meetinghouse, built in or before 1803, was sold in 1917. When it ceased to be used is not known. In 1903 the Fourth United Brethren Church on North Hartman Street was purchased as an outpost for the Stony Brook (then Witmer) congregation. On 28 July 1935, H. Frank Leaman was ordained as pastor-superintendent. On 11 May 1954, he and some of the membership withdrew, and Roy M. Geigley became pastor-superintendent. Lloyd R. Horst was ordained pastor 26 December 1956. The membership in 1957 was 26.


Author(s) Ira D Landis
Date Published 1959


Cite This Article

MLA style

Landis, Ira D. "York Mennonite Church (York, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 19 Apr 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=York_Mennonite_Church_(York,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=78934.

APA style

Landis, Ira D. (1959). York Mennonite Church (York, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 19 April 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=York_Mennonite_Church_(York,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=78934.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 1008. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.