From GAMEO
Revision as of 12:56, 9 June 2014 by SamSteiner (Talk | contribs)


Jump to: navigation, search

Ybor Mennonite Mission (Mennonite Church) began in 1930 among the Spanish-speaking people in Ybor City, Florida. It was sponsored by the Lancaster Mennonite Conference.

In the mid-1960s the Ybor City Mennonite Mission and Ida Street Mennonite Church merged at the Ybor City location. The congregation moved to new location in 1972 and took the name North Tampa Christian Fellowship. It became a multi-cultural congregation, with particular outreach to second and third generation Hispanics living in the United States. The congregation became part of the Southeast Mennonite Conference in the 1970s after congregations in the southeastern United States formed their own regional conference and left their founding conferences like the Lancaster the Conference.

See also Tampa Mennonite Mission.


Author(s) Sam Steiner
Date Published June 2014


Cite This Article

MLA style

Steiner, Sam. "Ybor Mennonite Mission (Ybor City, Florida, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. June 2014. Web. 26 Oct 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Ybor_Mennonite_Mission_(Ybor_City,_Florida,_USA)&oldid=122901.

APA style

Steiner, Sam. (June 2014). Ybor Mennonite Mission (Ybor City, Florida, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 26 October 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Ybor_Mennonite_Mission_(Ybor_City,_Florida,_USA)&oldid=122901.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 1001. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.