Revision as of 23:34, 25 November 2013 by RichardThiessen (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

The Wymark Evangelical Mennonite congregation began services and formally organized in 1958. The first building was occupied in 1958. The congregation originated through division from Sommerfelder and Old Colony Mennonites.

In 1965 there were 178 members; in 1975, 225; in 1985, 243; in 1995, 230; in 2000, 111. The congregation has been affiliated with the Evangelical Mennonite Conference since 1959. The language of worship is English and Low German; the transition from German occurred in the 1960s.

Additional Information

Address: Box 125, Wymark, SK S0N 2Y0

Phone: 306-773-9089

Author(s) Marlene Epp
Date Published August 1986

Cite This Article

MLA style

Epp, Marlene. "Wymark Evangelical Mennonite Church (Wymark, Saskatchewan, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. August 1986. Web. 26 Oct 2016.,_Saskatchewan,_Canada)&oldid=104241.

APA style

Epp, Marlene. (August 1986). Wymark Evangelical Mennonite Church (Wymark, Saskatchewan, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 26 October 2016, from,_Saskatchewan,_Canada)&oldid=104241.

©1996-2016 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.