From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:38, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)


Jump to: navigation, search

Wooster Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church), formerly known as the Wooster Mennonite Mission, located in the city of Wooster, Wayne County, Ohio, is a member of the Ohio and Eastern Mennonite Conference. It was started by the Salem Mennonite Church of Wayne County as a mission with Rudy Stauffer as pastor, and was or­ganized in November 1944 under the Ohio Men­nonite Mission Board, with eight charter members. The congregation worshiped in a house on Gasche Street until 1951, became an independent congrega­tion, and built a new brick church in 1954 with a seating capacity of 300. The 144 members in 1959 represented ten denominational backgrounds, a mixed character of urban and rural. Paul Brunner was pas­tor.


Author(s) D. Walter Miller
Date Published 1959


Cite This Article

MLA style

Miller, D. Walter. "Wooster Mennonite Church (Wooster, Ohio, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 28 Jul 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Wooster_Mennonite_Church_(Wooster,_Ohio,_USA)&oldid=86242.

APA style

Miller, D. Walter. (1959). Wooster Mennonite Church (Wooster, Ohio, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 28 July 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Wooster_Mennonite_Church_(Wooster,_Ohio,_USA)&oldid=86242.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 978. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.