From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:38, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)


Jump to: navigation, search

Woodson County Mennonite Brethren Church, now extinct, was founded in 1876 by a number of Mennonite Brethren families who immigrated from the Chortitza settlement in Russia to America. In the fall of 1878 Bernard Pauls and David Dick were elected as ministers; they were ordained in 1881. Soon both moved away, and the church elected Cor­nelius Nickel and Peter Nickel as ministers. In  1888 the congregation had 52 members. Most, however, moved away in 1892, and the church was discontinued.


Author(s) M. A Kroeker
Date Published 1959


Cite This Article

MLA style

Kroeker, M. A. "Woodson County Mennonite Brethren Church (Woodson County, Kansas, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 4 Dec 2016. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Woodson_County_Mennonite_Brethren_Church_(Woodson_County,_Kansas,_USA)&oldid=86240.

APA style

Kroeker, M. A. (1959). Woodson County Mennonite Brethren Church (Woodson County, Kansas, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 4 December 2016, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Woodson_County_Mennonite_Brethren_Church_(Woodson_County,_Kansas,_USA)&oldid=86240.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Kitchener, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 977. All rights reserved.


©1996-2016 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.