From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search
[checked revision][checked revision]
(CSV import - 20130820)
m (Changed Mrs. Fred Gingerich to Alice Ruth (Kauffman) Gingerich.)
 
(One intermediate revision by one user not shown)
Line 1: Line 1:
<em>Women's Missionary and Service Monthly</em> was an eight-page magazine, 6 x 9 inches, published by the [[Women's Missionary and Service Commission (Mennonite Church)|Women's Missionary and Service Auxiliary]] of the [[Mennonite Board of Missions (Mennonite Church)|Mennonite Board of Missions and. Charities]] ([[Mennonite Church (MC)|Mennonite Church]]) to promote interest in missions and relief. It was printed by the [[Mennonite Publishing House (Scottdale, Pennsylvania, USA)|Mennonite Publishing House]], Scottdale, Pennsylvania, and in the late 1950s had a circulation of approximately 12,000. At this time Mrs. Fred Gingerich was the editor. As in the first copy, published in 1919, the magazine reported work done, gave information of work to be done, told of places where money and personnel were need­ed, and offered spiritual messages witnessing to God's faithfulness and love.
+
<em>Women's Missionary and Service Monthly</em> was an eight-page magazine, 6 x 9 inches, published by the [[Women's Missionary and Service Commission (Mennonite Church)|Women's Missionary and Service Auxiliary]] of the [[Mennonite Board of Missions (Mennonite Church)|Mennonite Board of Missions and. Charities]] ([[Mennonite Church (MC)|Mennonite Church]]) to promote interest in missions and relief. It was printed by the [[Mennonite Publishing House (Scottdale, Pennsylvania, USA)|Mennonite Publishing House]], Scottdale, Pennsylvania, and in the late 1950s had a circulation of approximately 12,000. At this time Alice Ruth (Kauffman) Gingerich was the editor. As in the first copy, published in 1919, the magazine reported work done, gave information of work to be done, told of places where money and personnel were need­ed, and offered spiritual messages witnessing to God's faithfulness and love.
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 4, p. 975|date=1959|a1_last=Shank|a1_first=Mrs. Charles S|a2_last=|a2_first=}}
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 4, p. 975|date=1959|a1_last=Shank|a1_first=Mrs. Charles S|a2_last=|a2_first=}}
 +
[[Category:Periodicals]]

Latest revision as of 06:10, 11 June 2014

Women's Missionary and Service Monthly was an eight-page magazine, 6 x 9 inches, published by the Women's Missionary and Service Auxiliary of the Mennonite Board of Missions and. Charities (Mennonite Church) to promote interest in missions and relief. It was printed by the Mennonite Publishing House, Scottdale, Pennsylvania, and in the late 1950s had a circulation of approximately 12,000. At this time Alice Ruth (Kauffman) Gingerich was the editor. As in the first copy, published in 1919, the magazine reported work done, gave information of work to be done, told of places where money and personnel were need­ed, and offered spiritual messages witnessing to God's faithfulness and love.


Author(s) Mrs. Charles S Shank
Date Published 1959


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Shank, Mrs. Charles S. "Women's Missionary and Service Monthly (Periodical)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 19 Sep 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Women%27s_Missionary_and_Service_Monthly_(Periodical)&oldid=123176.

APA style

Shank, Mrs. Charles S. (1959). Women's Missionary and Service Monthly (Periodical). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 19 September 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Women%27s_Missionary_and_Service_Monthly_(Periodical)&oldid=123176.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 975. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.