The Evangelical Mennonite Brethren (Fellowship of Evangelical Bible Churches) Women’s Mission Society was established in 1943 as an auxiliary organization of the conference. A variety of programs were developed involving missionary and relief work centering in the local church women’s groups. Devotions and Bible studies were an important part of these meetings. At the annual meeting of the organization during conference time, special projects such as love offerings to a selected group of missionaries, were determined. The appearance at these annual meetings of missionaries on furlough offered opportunity for better understanding and appreciation of the missionary program. At the conference in 1986 the name of the society was changed to the Evangelical Mennonite Brethren Women's Ministries "to better portray all the different kinds of ministries our women are involved in."
|Author(s)||Arnold C Schultz|
 Cite This Article
Schultz, Arnold C. "Women's Ministries (Evangelical Mennonite Brethren)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1989. Web. 26 Dec 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Women%27s_Ministries_(Evangelical_Mennonite_Brethren)&oldid=78872.
Schultz, Arnold C. (1989). Women's Ministries (Evangelical Mennonite Brethren). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 26 December 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Women%27s_Ministries_(Evangelical_Mennonite_Brethren)&oldid=78872.
Herald Press website.
©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.