From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Winton Church of God in Christ Mennonite Church, located just east of Winton, California, had its beginning in 1911, when the first 12 members assembled in a barn for worship services. The first church building was erected in 1912. It was replaced by larger build­ings in 1917, 1926, and 1945. The present building has a seating capacity of 800. The ministers in 1957 were Edward Jantz, John Wiens, D. H. Dyck, John Esau, and A. T. Koehn; the membership was 290.


Author(s) Noah Koehn
Date Published 1959


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Koehn, Noah. "Winton Church of God in Christ Mennonite Church (Winton, California, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 26 Jul 2016. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Winton_Church_of_God_in_Christ_Mennonite_Church_(Winton,_California,_USA)&oldid=86175.

APA style

Koehn, Noah. (1959). Winton Church of God in Christ Mennonite Church (Winton, California, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 26 July 2016, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Winton_Church_of_God_in_Christ_Mennonite_Church_(Winton,_California,_USA)&oldid=86175.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Kitchener, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 964. All rights reserved.


©1996-2016 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.