From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:38, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

Winton Church of God in Christ Mennonite Church, located just east of Winton, California, had its beginning in 1911, when the first 12 members assembled in a barn for worship services. The first church building was erected in 1912. It was replaced by larger build­ings in 1917, 1926, and 1945. The present building has a seating capacity of 800. The ministers in 1957 were Edward Jantz, John Wiens, D. H. Dyck, John Esau, and A. T. Koehn; the membership was 290.


Author(s) Noah Koehn
Date Published 1959


Cite This Article

MLA style

Koehn, Noah. "Winton Church of God in Christ Mennonite Church (Winton, California, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 20 Aug 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Winton_Church_of_God_in_Christ_Mennonite_Church_(Winton,_California,_USA)&oldid=86175.

APA style

Koehn, Noah. (1959). Winton Church of God in Christ Mennonite Church (Winton, California, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 20 August 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Winton_Church_of_God_in_Christ_Mennonite_Church_(Winton,_California,_USA)&oldid=86175.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 964. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.