From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

The Winnipeg Sommerfeld Mennonite congregation began services in 1979. The first building was occupied in 1979. In 1993 there were 100 members. The congregation has been affiliated with the Sommerfeld Mennonite Church of Manitoba. The language of worship is German and English. Minister John Elias served in 2002 as a non-salaried congregational leader. Sunday school began in 1980; an organ was installed in 1988.

The church is located at the corner of Simcoe St. and St. Mathews.

[edit] Bibliography

Peters, Jake. "An Annotated Bibliography of Materials Relating to the Sommerfelder Mennonite Church." Research paper, Canadian Mennonite Bible College, 1979.

Sommerfeld Mennonite Church Centennial Celebrations, July 4, 1993, Morris, Manitoba, 1893-1993. 1993: 15.

Bergen, Peter. History of the Sommerfeld Mennonite Church : That is the Background and First Hundred Years of the Sommerfeld Mennonite Church. Altona, MB: The Church, 2001: 210.


Author(s) Sam Steiner
Date Published April 1997


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Steiner, Sam. "Winnipeg Sommerfeld Mennonite Church (Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. April 1997. Web. 16 Apr 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Winnipeg_Sommerfeld_Mennonite_Church_(Winnipeg,_Manitoba,_Canada)&oldid=78861.

APA style

Steiner, Sam. (April 1997). Winnipeg Sommerfeld Mennonite Church (Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 16 April 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Winnipeg_Sommerfeld_Mennonite_Church_(Winnipeg,_Manitoba,_Canada)&oldid=78861.




©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.