From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:05, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)


Jump to: navigation, search

The Windsor United Mennonite congregation in Windsor, ON began services in 1927. Jacob H. Janzen is considered the founding leader of the group. The congregation originated through immigration from the Soviet Union in the 1920s.

Membership was included with that of the Essex County United Mennonite Church at Leamington. Ministerial leadership was shared with Rev. Jacob Braun and Rev. Johann Dick.

The congregation met in homes and for a time in a Lutheran church. Minister William Schellenberg served in the 1940s as a non-salaried congregational leader. The congregation dissolved in the 1940s. It had been affiliated with the Conference of United Mennonite Churches of Ontario. The language of worship was German.

Bibliography

Memories: Sixty Years of Mennonite Life in Essex and Kent Counties, 1925-1985. Leamington, ON, 1985, 78 pp.


Author(s) Marlene Epp
Date Published January 1989


Cite This Article

MLA style

Epp, Marlene. "Windsor United Mennonite Church (Windsor, Ontario, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. January 1989. Web. 27 Nov 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Windsor_United_Mennonite_Church_(Windsor,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=78849.

APA style

Epp, Marlene. (January 1989). Windsor United Mennonite Church (Windsor, Ontario, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 27 November 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Windsor_United_Mennonite_Church_(Windsor,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=78849.




©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.