Wiesenfeld, a common Mennonite village name. The first village by this name was established in 1867 by settlers from Kronsgarten and their relatives on 23,306 acres of land on the east side of the Kiltschen River that was purchased from the Globa estate. It consisted of 10 farms and a school yard and was located about 1 km north of the present day village of Olexandrovka. Wiesenfeld was affiliated with the Kronsweide (Frisian) Mennonite Church. A second village by this name was established in 1880 near Pavlograd, Ukraine. From here the name was transplanted to Slavgorod (Barnaul), Siberia; Cuauhtemoc, Mexico; and Fernheim, Paraguay. (See Villages.)
Bergen, Heinz. "Two Wiesenfeld Villages." Mennonite Historian 25:3 (September 1999): 8.
|Date Published||December 2008|
Cite This Article
Krahn, Cornelius and Tim Janzen. "Wiesenfeld." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. December 2008. Web. 3 Sep 2015. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Wiesenfeld&oldid=86062.
Krahn, Cornelius and Tim Janzen. (December 2008). Wiesenfeld. Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 3 September 2015, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Wiesenfeld&oldid=86062.
Herald Press website.
©1996-2015 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.