From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:04, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

The Whitefish mission at Whitefish, ON began services in 1946. Thomas Martin is considered the founding leader of the group. The congregation originated through outreach by individuals from Waters Mennonite Church.

Whitefish began as a Sunday school outreach; it was never an organized congregation. It was finally absorbed by Baptist and United churches in the area.

The congregation was located 16 km west of Sudbury on Highway 17. Lay leader Thomas Martin served in 1959 as a congregational leader. The congregation dissolved in 1959. It had been affiliated with the Mennonite Conference of Ontario. The language of worship was English.

Bibliography

Gospel Herald (8 March 1946): 960.


Author(s) Marlene Epp
Date Published January 1989


Cite This Article

MLA style

Epp, Marlene. "Whitefish Outreach (Whitefish, Ontario, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. January 1989. Web. 30 Aug 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Whitefish_Outreach_(Whitefish,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=78804.

APA style

Epp, Marlene. (January 1989). Whitefish Outreach (Whitefish, Ontario, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 30 August 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Whitefish_Outreach_(Whitefish,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=78804.




©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.