White Cloud Mennonite Church, located one mile southeast of White Cloud, Michigan, was a member of the Indiana-Michigan Mennonite Conference. Mennonite families from the Shore congregation in Lagrange County, Indiana, began moving into the area in 1896. Regular Sunday-school services were started in a schoolhouse in 1898 and the next year Bishop P. Y. Lehman of Indiana organized a congregation of 22 charter members. In 1900, when the congregation had grown to 35 members, Bishop John F. Funk ordained Jacob P. Miller (1850-1927) to the ministry. On 1 May 1901, P. Y. Lehman ordained him as bishop. In 1903 the congregation began to worship in a building known as the Union Church, and for a time was known by this name. After 1910 J. P. Miller was no longer located at White Cloud, and T. U, Nelson (1870-1950) became the long-time preacher, having been ordained by Miller on 5 December 1910.
The pastor of the church in 1958 was Edward D. Jones, and the membership was 54.
In 2014 the church was an unaffiliated Mennonite congregation with 41 members. The ministerial team was comprised of Minister Paul Burkholder and Deacon Delbert Burkholder.
Mennonite Church Directory 2014. Harrisonburg, VA: Christian Light Publications, Inc., 2014: 136.
 Additional Information
Address: 1506 S Walnut Avenue, White Cloud, MI
Beechy, Winifred Nelson. "History of the White Cloud Mennonite Church." Mennonite Historical Bulletin (July 1952): 1-4.
|Author(s)||John C Wenger|
 Cite This Article
Wenger, John C. "White Cloud Mennonite Church (White Cloud, Michigan, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 27 Mar 2015. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=White_Cloud_Mennonite_Church_(White_Cloud,_Michigan,_USA)&oldid=121648.
Wenger, John C. (1959). White Cloud Mennonite Church (White Cloud, Michigan, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 27 March 2015, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=White_Cloud_Mennonite_Church_(White_Cloud,_Michigan,_USA)&oldid=121648.
Herald Press website.
©1996-2015 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.