From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:04, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)


Jump to: navigation, search

West Liberty, Ohio, a village of ca. 1,400 in the late 1950s (1,813 in 2000), located almost on the boundary between Logan and Champaign counties, is the center of a Mennonite (Mennonite Church) community of three congregations with a total of some 700 baptized members: Bethel in town, Oak Grove to the southeast, and South Union to the north. In the village is the Adriel School for mentally handicapped children, formerly the Mennonite Children's Home. The community was settled ca. 1850 and has grown steadily.


Author(s) Harold S Bender
Date Published 1959


Cite This Article

MLA style

Bender, Harold S. "West Liberty (Ohio, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 30 Aug 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=West_Liberty_(Ohio,_USA)&oldid=78768.

APA style

Bender, Harold S. (1959). West Liberty (Ohio, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 30 August 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=West_Liberty_(Ohio,_USA)&oldid=78768.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 920. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.