From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:04, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)


Jump to: navigation, search

The Wellesley Township Mennonite congregation near St. Clements, ON began services in 1865. The congregation originated through colonization from Woolwich, Waterloo, and Wilmot Townships. The Conference provided preaching services every four weeks.

The congregation was located 3 km east of Crosshill on Waterloo Regional Rd. 15; it met in the Harris school. The congregation dissolved in 1885. It had been affiliated with the Mennonite Conference of Ontario. The language of worship was German.

Bibliography

Burkholder, L. J. A Brief History of the Mennonites in Ontario.  Kitchener, ON: Mennonite Conference on Ontario, 1935: 106.


Author(s) Joseph C. Fretz
Marlene Epp
Date Published January 1989


Cite This Article

MLA style

Fretz, Joseph C. and Marlene Epp. "Wellesley Township Mennonite Church (St. Clements, Ontario, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. January 1989. Web. 31 Jul 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Wellesley_Township_Mennonite_Church_(St._Clements,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=78730.

APA style

Fretz, Joseph C. and Marlene Epp. (January 1989). Wellesley Township Mennonite Church (St. Clements, Ontario, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 31 July 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Wellesley_Township_Mennonite_Church_(St._Clements,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=78730.




©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.