From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Weber Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church), located 4 miles southwest of Kitchener, Ontario, a member of the Ontario Mennonite Conference, was organized in 1838. The first meetinghouse was built in 1842; it was replaced by a brick building in 1895, seating capacity 150. Simon Martin served as pastor 1931-1958 and in 1958 was still serving as bishop, with Lester Bauman as pastor since 25 May 1958. The membership was 73.

The congregation is now known as the Pioneer Park Christian Fellowship.


Author(s) Simon B Martin
Date Published 1959


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Martin, Simon B. "Weber Mennonite Church (Kitchener, Ontario, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 20 Dec 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Weber_Mennonite_Church_(Kitchener,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=78692.

APA style

Martin, Simon B. (1959). Weber Mennonite Church (Kitchener, Ontario, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 20 December 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Weber_Mennonite_Church_(Kitchener,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=78692.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 906. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.