From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:37, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)


Jump to: navigation, search

The Washington Center Mennonite Church (Central Conference), now extinct, located near Ashley, Michigan, some 25 miles (40 km.) north of Lansing, was organized in 1924 by a number of families which had moved into the area from Pekin, Illinois, in the early 1920s, together with three families from the Ashley Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church (MC)) congregation. The group bought a church in 1924. It never had a minister and never reached more than 27 in membership. In 1933 the group dissolved, some members returning to the Mennonite Church congregation.


Author(s) Harold S Bender
Date Published 1959


Cite This Article

MLA style

Bender, Harold S. "Washington Center Mennonite Church (Ashley, Michigan, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 15 Sep 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Washington_Center_Mennonite_Church_(Ashley,_Michigan,_USA)&oldid=85928.

APA style

Bender, Harold S. (1959). Washington Center Mennonite Church (Ashley, Michigan, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 15 September 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Washington_Center_Mennonite_Church_(Ashley,_Michigan,_USA)&oldid=85928.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 1134. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.