From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search
[unchecked revision][checked revision]
(CSV import - 20130816)
 
(CSV import - 20130820)
 
Line 1: Line 1:
Warwick County was incorporated as the City of Warwick in 1953, and in 1958 the city of Warwick and Newport News consolidated to become Newport News. The city of Warwick had a population of nearly 40,000 in 1956. It is located on the southwestern shore of the Virginia peninsula along the James River. Two Mennonite churches, the [[Warwick River Mennonite Church (Newport News, Virginia, USA)|Warwick River Mennonite Church]] ([[Mennonite Church (MC)|Mennonite Church]]) and the [[Providence Mennonite Church (Newport News, Virginia, USA)|Providence Amish Mennonite Church]] (Mennonite Church), with a total membership of 371 in the late 1950s, are located within its limits. The first Mennonite settlers came to this area in 1897.
+
Warwick County was incorporated as the City of Warwick in 1953, and in 1958 the city of Warwick and Newport News consolidated to become Newport News. The city of Warwick had a population of nearly 40,000 in 1956. It is located on the southwestern shore of the Virginia peninsula along the James River. Two Mennonite churches, the [[Warwick River Mennonite Church (Newport News, Virginia, USA)|Warwick River Mennonite Church]] ([[Mennonite Church (MC)|Mennonite Church]]) and the [[Providence Mennonite Church (Newport News, Virginia, USA)|Providence Amish Mennonite Church]] (Mennonite Church), with a total membership of 371 in the late 1950s, are located within its limits. The first Mennonite settlers came to this area in 1897.
  
 
See [[Denbigh (Warwick County, Virginia, USA)|Denbigh]]
 
See [[Denbigh (Warwick County, Virginia, USA)|Denbigh]]
 
 
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 4, p. 891|date=1959|a1_last=Krause|a1_first=C. Norman|a2_last= |a2_first= }}
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 4, p. 891|date=1959|a1_last=Krause|a1_first=C. Norman|a2_last= |a2_first= }}

Latest revision as of 19:04, 20 August 2013

Warwick County was incorporated as the City of Warwick in 1953, and in 1958 the city of Warwick and Newport News consolidated to become Newport News. The city of Warwick had a population of nearly 40,000 in 1956. It is located on the southwestern shore of the Virginia peninsula along the James River. Two Mennonite churches, the Warwick River Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church) and the Providence Amish Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church), with a total membership of 371 in the late 1950s, are located within its limits. The first Mennonite settlers came to this area in 1897.

See Denbigh


Author(s) C. Norman Krause
Date Published 1959


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Krause, C. Norman. "Warwick (Virginia, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 2 Aug 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Warwick_(Virginia,_USA)&oldid=78628.

APA style

Krause, C. Norman. (1959). Warwick (Virginia, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 2 August 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Warwick_(Virginia,_USA)&oldid=78628.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 891. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.