From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Warren Street Mennonite Church (General Conference Mennonite), located in Middlebury, Indiana, a member of the Central Conference of Mennonites, had its origin in 1923, when Simon S. Yoder, a minister, withdrew from the Indiana-Michigan Mennonite Conference (Mennonite Church), taking about 100 members with him. The congregation remained independent of any conference affiliation until 1926, when it was received into the fellowship of the Central Conference of Mennonites. In 1957 the membership was 59, with Elmer A. Wall as minister. For a meetinghouse the congregation in 1923 bought from the town the former "opera house" and remodeled it.


Author(s) John C Wenger
Date Published 1959


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Wenger, John C. "Warren Street Mennonite Church (Middlebury, Indiana, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 24 Aug 2016. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Warren_Street_Mennonite_Church_(Middlebury,_Indiana,_USA)&oldid=78624.

APA style

Wenger, John C. (1959). Warren Street Mennonite Church (Middlebury, Indiana, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 24 August 2016, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Warren_Street_Mennonite_Church_(Middlebury,_Indiana,_USA)&oldid=78624.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Kitchener, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 891. All rights reserved.


©1996-2016 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.