Warren Street Mennonite Church (Middlebury, Indiana, USA)

From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Warren Street Mennonite Church (General Conference Mennonite), located in Middlebury, Indiana, a member of the Central Conference of Mennonites, had its origin in 1923, when Simon S. Yoder, a minister, withdrew from the Indiana-Michigan Mennonite Conference (Mennonite Church), taking about 100 members with him. The congregation remained independent of any conference affiliation until 1926, when it was received into the fellowship of the Central Conference of Mennonites. In 1957 the membership was 59, with Elmer A. Wall as minister. For a meetinghouse the congregation in 1923 bought from the town the former "opera house" and remodeled it.


Author(s) John C Wenger
Date Published 1959


Cite This Article

MLA style

Wenger, John C. "Warren Street Mennonite Church (Middlebury, Indiana, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 24 Jun 2018. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Warren_Street_Mennonite_Church_(Middlebury,_Indiana,_USA)&oldid=78624.

APA style

Wenger, John C. (1959). Warren Street Mennonite Church (Middlebury, Indiana, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 24 June 2018, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Warren_Street_Mennonite_Church_(Middlebury,_Indiana,_USA)&oldid=78624.




Hpbuttns.png

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 891. All rights reserved.


©1996-2018 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.