From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Waltonville, a rural hamlet on the meandering road from Hummelstown to Middletown, Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, where in 1933 some members of the Strickler-Shope congregation held Sunday school in a member's yard. The congregation took over the work thus opened. A deserted red school, abandoned through the Derry Township consolidation, was leased for their services, and opened 15 October 1933. The general attendance was 62. In 1935 it was decided to transport the children to the Strickler-Shope Sunday school and discontinue Waltonville.


Author(s) Ira D Landis
Date Published 1959


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Landis, Ira D. "Waltonville (Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 27 Dec 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Waltonville_(Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=116134.

APA style

Landis, Ira D. (1959). Waltonville (Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 27 December 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Waltonville_(Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=116134.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 884. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.