From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:03, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

Walsh Church of God in Christ Mennonite Church, now extinct, located 8 miles south of Walsh, Baca County, Colorado, was organized in 1930 with A. T. Koehn as minister and Jonas W. Koehn as deacon, and a membership of 40. It reached a membership of 80. Worship services were held in schools. Since additional members moved in, a second congregation of 80 members was organized 5 miles north of Bartlett. Albert Dirks and Jesse H. Jantz were ordained to the ministry and Simon Unruh as deacon. Because of the drought and dust storms the members moved to other locations about 1936.


Author(s) Jesse H Jantz
Date Published 1959


Cite This Article

MLA style

Jantz, Jesse H. "Walsh Church of God in Christ Mennonite Church (Walsh, Colorado, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 25 Jul 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Walsh_Church_of_God_in_Christ_Mennonite_Church_(Walsh,_Colorado,_USA)&oldid=78581.

APA style

Jantz, Jesse H. (1959). Walsh Church of God in Christ Mennonite Church (Walsh, Colorado, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 25 July 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Walsh_Church_of_God_in_Christ_Mennonite_Church_(Walsh,_Colorado,_USA)&oldid=78581.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 882. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.