From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:03, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

The Wallace Mennonite Brethren in Christ congregation near Palmerston, ON  began services and formally organized in 1875. The first building was occupied in 1871, before the group separated from Wallace Mennonite Church and the Mennonite Conference of Ontario in 1875 over revivalism. Wallace Mennonite Brethren in Christ merged with Palmerston Missionary Church in 1972. The building was sold to a Markham-Waterloo Mennonite Conference congregation that became known as the Brotherston Mennonite Church.

In 1950 there were 50 members; in 1972, 38. The congregation dissolved in 1972. It has been affiliated with the Mennonite Brethren in Christ (1875-1947), United Missionary Church (1947-69) and Missionary Church (1969-72). The language of worship was English.

The church was located on Perth Line 89 at Brotherston (Wallace Township). Pastor D. Crouse served in 1972 as a congregational leader.

Bibliography

Burkholder, L. J. A Brief History of the Mennonites in Ontario. Kitchener, ON: Mennonite Conference of Ontario, 1935: 127-128.


Author(s) Marlene Epp
Date Published January 1989


Cite This Article

MLA style

Epp, Marlene. "Wallace Mennonite Brethren in Christ Church (Palmerston, Ontario, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. January 1989. Web. 19 Apr 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Wallace_Mennonite_Brethren_in_Christ_Church_(Palmerston,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=78565.

APA style

Epp, Marlene. (January 1989). Wallace Mennonite Brethren in Christ Church (Palmerston, Ontario, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 19 April 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Wallace_Mennonite_Brethren_in_Christ_Church_(Palmerston,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=78565.




©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.