From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Vaughans Schoolhouse Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church) was a rural mission under the Virginia Mennonite Conference, located 3 miles west of Lost River, a post office in Hardy County, West Virginia. Services were held here for a number of years, probably 1875-1925. In the late 1950s services were held twice a month in a Brethren church near by. This congregation was a part of the Salem congregation, which is located three miles to the north.


Author(s) Timothy Showalter
Date Published 1959


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Showalter, Timothy. "Vaughans Schoolhouse Mennonite Church (Lost River, West Virginia, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 9 Dec 2016. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Vaughans_Schoolhouse_Mennonite_Church_(Lost_River,_West_Virginia,_USA)&oldid=85662.

APA style

Showalter, Timothy. (1959). Vaughans Schoolhouse Mennonite Church (Lost River, West Virginia, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 9 December 2016, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Vaughans_Schoolhouse_Mennonite_Church_(Lost_River,_West_Virginia,_USA)&oldid=85662.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Kitchener, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 799. All rights reserved.


©1996-2016 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.